location stuffs

Food Photography

In my photography class this semester we had to take pictures of some food item. I originally was thinking I would do something with Asparagus, but when I went to the grocery store I was totally struck by the intense hues of purple in some eggplants and a cabbage that I found. I couldn't decide, so I got both. ;) 

We also had to do some pictures of eggs, so I set up a little studio setup in my room. I had some black posterboard that i put as a surface, and then some behind the eggs, and then I got a reading light from my brother's room and clamped it to a book and taped a piece of lined paper from my notebook over it for some diffusion, and white balanced it out in the camera. And then I set up my home-made reflector (a piece of mount board with tin foil over it) on the other side to bounce some light back onto the egg. All in all one of THE most ghetto things I probably could have done. But it worked out pretty well. :D



food1

food2

food3

food4

food5

food6

0 comments: